The program commences at 2pm in the foyer of the Alice Springs Resort on the Saturday the 8 June 2011.
Most Eastern state flight arrive around midday.
Western Australian clients or people flying Tiger Airways may need to come in the night before and stay an extra night. Alternatively they may arrive just a little late on the Saturday of the trip and miss the first activity of the trip.
The program concludes after breakfast on Saturday 25 June.
HERE ARE SOME DIRECT QANTAS FLIGHTS THAT WORK IN WITH THE PROGRAM
- Adelaide to Alice QF723 09:45am ARRIVING 11:55am
Alice to Adelaide on QF722 12:40pm ARRIVING 02:40pm
- Melbourne to Alice on QF796 08:40am ARRIVING 11:05am
Alice to Melbourne on QF797 11:45am ARRIVING 02:50pm
- Sydney to Alice on QF790 09:50am ARRIVING 12:45pm
Alice to Sydney on QF791 01:30pm ARRIVING 04:45pm
- Brisbane to Alice on QF981 08:45am ARRIVING 11:35am
Alice to Brisbane on QF982 12:15pm ARRIVING 03:15pm
- Perth to Alice QF1938 12:20am ARRIVING 16:30
Alice to Perth QF1935 10.00am ARRIVING 11.40pm
Tasmanian flights link with either Sydney or Melbourne departures.
GETTING TO THE ACCOMODATION - can be either by airport shuttle or taxi. Your destination is the Chifley Alice Springs Resort on 34 Stott Terrace.
TIGER AIR DEPART FROM SOME CITIES TO ALICE WITH COMPETITIVE PRICES. CHECK ON www.tigerairways.com
All accomodation is at the Chifley Alice Springs Resort. If walkers are intending to arrive earlier in Alice or to stay longer they can book their own accommodation at the Resort at the Into the Blue corporate rate or online which may be even cheaper. If you are booking directly with the resort and asking for a corporate rate quote Into the Blue.
CHIFLEY ALICE SPRINGS RESORT - 08 8951 4545
WHAT WE SUPPLY
- sleeping bag [synthetic fill rated to -7]
- sleeping bag linen and pillow slip
- sleeping mat
- bivvy bag with mossie net and/or tents
- gaiters [where applicable]
- plate, bowl, mug, cutlery, all cooking supplies
- all food
- toilet roll and hand sanitiser
- comprehensive first aid kit
- emergency communications
- group sunblock and mozzie repellant
WHAT YOU BRING
- separate travel clothes which can be left at the resort during the trip.
- personal toiletries & medications
- day pack
- head torch
- 2-3 litre water capacity
- 2 thermal T-shirts or tops [wollen Icebreakers or similar are brilliant]
- 3 spare underwear and hankerchiefs
- 2 warm layers such as polarplus jacket, jumpers or vest combinations
- 1 walking boots/shoes [must have good tread]
- 1 spare runners or slip-ons for night time
- 4 spare woollen/synthetic blend socks
- 1 long sleeve shirt
- 1 long walking pants or zip-offs [synthetic]. Please no jeans.
- 1 shorts [optional]
- 1 sunhat & beanie
- 1 warm track suit style pants
- 1 waterproof raincoat [gortex equivalent]
- 1 swimmers and towel/chamois
Please make sure that you bring only what is on the list as we have to make sure the gear fits into the support vehicle and that can prove difficult with massive suitcases.
It will be possible to leave travel clothes in the Alice Springs Hotel for your return.